G917T (model 1939) The main part of the German Wehrmacht autopark during WWII formed 3t cargo trucks. One of the most numerous was the model G917T, which was produced since 1939 in German Ford plants in Cologne. This truck was equipped with a V8 engine and had rear drive only. G917T trucks were widely used in all German arms of service till the end of the war everywhere – in Polish and French campaigns, in the Soviet – German front, in North Africa and Italy. Roughly 25,000 were produced in German plants from 1939 to 1941.